5 Simple Anti-Fatigue Mat Cleaning Tips
Anti-fatigue mats are often used in high traffic areas where oil, grease, and dirt are prevalent. Commercial mat cleaning is key in making these investments last as long as possible. If you have anti-fatigue commercial doormats you are lucky as they do not require complex maintenance. Consider these 5 simple tips when you clean your mat.
- Use a mild soap, detergent, or degreaser with hot water to clean the anti-fatigue mat surface and eliminate grease or oil. Water temperature should not exceed 140 degrees Fahrenheit but should not be any colder than 120 degrees Fahrenheit. It is important to clean these mats at least once a week to prevent the oil and grease from damaging the mat surface. The hot water will dissolve grease and oil residue during emulsification.
- Do not use machine washers or mechanically scrub these mats. They do not require aggressive cleaning techniques or drying procedures with mechanical intervention. The entire cleaning process should not exceed more than 20 minutes with steps including flushing, letting the water and solution apply, rinsing, draining (depending if your mat has holes), and then drying.
- Do not use high pH chemicals, bleach, alkalis, or solvents to clean as these materials could damage the mat surface. Do not use a detergent that exceeds a pH level of 9.5. Before choosing a cleaner make sure that it is recommended for the particular anti-fatigue mat you have.
- Sweep with a broom or brush or hose off on a daily basis to remove dirt, grim, soil, and dust. If you are hosing, the water pressure does not have to be set high. You would be surprised to learn how much soil and dirt is tracked through mats each day. Maintain your mats with this simple but effective technique.
- Allow the mats to dry for a significant amount of time before utilizing them again. Lay them flat after being cleaned and give them the proper time required to cool off. Also, do not immediately roll your mat and allow time to dry.
We hope these cleaning tips help you maintain your anti-fatigue mats for years to come! Contact one of our anti-fatigue mat experts today with any inquiries and/or questions.